Stillness and Zen-sation, the feeling of total harmony between you and everything around you, allowing and flowing,
gentle and soft, yet very present and passionately alive.

May 31, 2010

The Hallway of worlds

There is a hallway in front of me. It is long and it is colorful, the walls have amazing and beautiful colors and every 5 steps there is a moving image showing things.

The images and sceneries catch the attention, and I continue to walk. When I look at the left the images display sceneries of disaster, poverty, hunger and sadness. When I look at the right the images reveal the beauty of nature, smiling faces, and abundance. Both walls talk to me and ask me to look at them.

The most catching wall is the one that displays disaster, it shouts at me, pulls my arm and wants me to look how bad it all is, it is crying for help. It is angry when I do not give it attention, The sound of that wall is deafening. I want to go and help, and temptation is great because I like everything to be all right. I want to save the world, my heart screams out for action. But I know that world. I entered it many times. I tasted it, became it and I was torn apart by it, just as this world tears itself apart all the time. It made me sad, I could not help this world, as I became like it. I drowned many times.

The wall of beauty is more attractive, It also pulls at me, but with the power of temptation, with beauty and lovely sceneries, with smiling people and gold and castles. There are sounds of marvelous dance music, the promise of excitement and success, and it feels good to watch the abundance displayed. I know this world so well, have bathed in its smooth waters, and enjoyed the gold and glamour. Temptation, success, being liked by all of the people there, for a while, only for a while, until it revealed itself to be quite shallow, interesting but superficial. The laughters in my back became very unreal after a while.

When I turn to the wall of sadness, I feel the temptation hands of the wall of beauty. When I turn to the wall of beauty, I feel the wall of sadness picking at me.
I then realize that choosing any wall would always tear me apart. If I go to the sadness, I will want the beauty. If I choose beauty, I cannot forget the sadness. Both worlds seem to initiate more push/pull, and in the confusion none of them really brings soul peace.
After a while, watching, observing, feeling, I look in front of me. The front reveals a road to walk, it does not tell how fast to walk, or to run, it is there in its silence. I can choose to visit the world of sadness, and then the one of beauty, and ultimately I am in the corridor again. It is always present. It does not push or pull, and everlastingly respects any choice, until I make no more choices.

There is something at the end of the corridor. I can step to it, as fast as I desire. I can choose not to visit the walls' worlds and focus on the middle. I have seen much and learned many things in the worlds of sadness and beauty. And now I have put them both within me, all of it. Worlds upon worlds. Ultimately they appear to be the same anyway.

It might be the time to step forward now, without choosing anymore. Maybe the simple corridor hides some treasure on its way. Or there is a room at the end that reveals yet another world ?
aka Komaya
May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment